- Oil tanker - Ships designed specifically to move liquid hydrocarbons across the ocean
- Barge - Coast or river barges designed with tanks to hold liquid hydrocarbons and move them through coastal and inland waterways
- Oil pipeline - Liquids pipelines, usually dedicated to moving either crude oil, finished products, or LPG across land
- Railcar tanker - Railway cars designed to move either crude oil or light products
- Tank truck - Trucks designed to move either crude oil or finished light products
FIND OUT MORE
The Refinery Reference Desk includes content derived from our industry experts as well as from public data sources such as company websites. Nothing herein is intended to serve as investment advice. This material is based on information that we believe to be reliable and adequately comprehensive, but we do not represent that such information is in all respects accurate or complete. McKinsey Energy Insights does not accept any liability for any losses resulting from use of the content.